Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. If I purchase one of the permit types that are available, how do I access the garage?
a. To access one of our gated facilities, drivers who purchased one of the permit types should pull a ticket as they enter the facility. To exit, proceed to the nearest cashier booth and
present your permit/receipt to the cashier.
b. To access one of our surface parking facilities, display your permit/receipt on your dashboard. If purchased via Pay-by-Phone, your license plate is already registered and you are not required to leave anything on your dashboard.
2. Do I need to return my current permit?
Permit holders with proxy card permits that expired on June 30th are not required to return their permits at this time. Additional information will be provided in the coming months as we finalize the details of the permit program for the remainder of FY 20/21.
3. I previously overpaid for my permit. Can I be issued a refund for this amount?
4. I previously paid for my permit via a payroll deduction with pre-tax dollars. Is that option available?
UCSF offers a pre-tax commuter benefit through a prepaid Mastercard that can be used to pay for parking at any of our parking facilities. Additional information is available at:
5. I had a permit type that has been discontinued (C, RA, and Kezar monthly permits). What are my options?
You can choose from the permit types that are being offered based on your eligibility. You can also take advantage of our discounted daily rates. Kezar permit holders should return their access card to the Transportation office at Parnassus Heights or Mission Bay.
6. What if I previously paid for my permit for the whole year?