New Housing in the Dogpatch Neighborhood: Welcome to The Tidelands
Conveniently located on Minnesota Street, just one block south from the Mission Bay Hospital, The Tidelands is UCSF’s newest housing community. A great choice for those seeking privacy in an efficiency/studio/1-bedroom or looking for a private bedroom to share with one other UCSF student, post-doc, clinical fellow, or medical resident. The Tidelands is the ideal location for singles and couples who embrace city living and plan to use the various public transportation options located nearby. Apply Now for Housing.
The Tidelands Amenities:
• Furnished units with a bed frame and mattress, desk and task chair, and a dinette for two. Studios also include a loveseat/couch and coffee table. 1-Bedrooms include a separate, furnished living room with a love seat, accent chair, and coffee table.
• Modern induction stovetop, convection microwave oven, and an apartment sized refrigerator. Note: You will need to bring pots and pans that are compatible with induction cooktops.
• Conveniently located study rooms located on each floor
• Two pay-by-use laundry rooms are available in each building
• 24/7 emergency maintenance response
• Indoor bike room for bike storage (limited space available)
• Automatic ERV fresh air fan. This fan helps keep air circulating by bringing in fresh filtered air (warm and cool) and pulling out any undesirable odors. Note: The fan can be loud so please close the bathroom door for a quieter experience.
• Modern feel with industrial and concrete finishes.
The Tidelands Activities:
• Meet your neighbors in the lobbies, game room, and TV lounges
• Gather in the community and multipurpose rooms for larger social events
• Form study groups in our study lounges
• Work out together in the mini fitness center. In addition, full-service fitness amenities are available at the Bakar center just two blocks away*
• Find your inner peace relaxing in the courtyards and sun decks
• Rehearse for your next gig in the music practice room
*UCSF students have a Fitness & Recreation membership included in registration fees, others may have enrollment and membership fees.
Parking at The Tidelands
Tenants of The Tidelands are not eligible for UCSF parking permits nor city parking permits due to the limited amount of parking in the area. Tenants will have access to nearby public transportation, UCSF shuttles, and car/bike share. With the number of cars in Mission Bay/Dogpatch growing by the day, we believe it will benefit our tenants not to have a car. Read about all the ways to get around the city without a car here.
Tidelands Floor Plans
Floor plans are provided for informational purposes only.
Search Tidelands Floor Plans
Or, view pictures of all floor plans at the bottom of this page.
Located at the intersection of San Francisco’s Dogpatch neighborhood and UCSF’s growing Mission Bay campus, The Tidelands residences look toward a humane, sustainable future. Two twins intersected by the 18th Street overpass, the buildings are shaped and oriented in response to their surrounding environment. Large operable windows fill the interiors with daylight and fresh air, while sculptural billows and vertical shades carefully tuned to the sun provide shading and minimize energy use. Colorful brick tiles, full-height windows, community gathering spaces and a future retail market enliven and enhance the streetscape, complemented by gracious mid-block paseos and lushly planted interior courtyards that spill out to Minnesota Street.