New Housing in the Dogpatch Neighborhood: Welcome to The Tidelands
Conveniently located on Minnesota Street, just one block south from the Mission Bay Hospital, The Tidelands is UCSF’s most sustainable housing community. A great choice for those seeking privacy in an efficiency/studio/1-bedroom or looking for a private bedroom to share. The Tidelands is the ideal location for singles and couples who embrace city living and plan to use the various public transportation options located nearby.
The Tidelands Amenities:
• Furnished units with a bed frame and mattress, desk and task chair, and a dinette for two. Studios also include a loveseat/couch. 1-Bedrooms include a separate, furnished living room with a love seat, accent chair, and coffee table. Note a few 1-bedrooms are not furnished. See floorplan descriptions for more details.
• Modern induction stovetop, convection microwave oven, and an apartment sized refrigerator. Note: You will need to bring pots and pans that are compatible with induction cooktops.
• Conveniently located study rooms located on each floor
• Two pay-by-use laundry rooms are available in each building
• 24/7 emergency maintenance response
• Indoor bike room for bike storage
• Automatic ERV fresh air fan. This fan helps keep air circulating by bringing in fresh filtered air (warm and cool) and pulling out any undesirable odors. Note: The fan can be loud so please close the bathroom door for a quieter experience.
• Powered by 97% carbon-free electricity and furnished with safer materials. See all of Tidelands’ sustainable attributes here.
• Modern feel with industrial and concrete finishes.
The Tidelands Activities:
• Meet your neighbors in the lobbies, game room, and TV lounges
• Gather in the community and multipurpose rooms for larger social events
• Form study groups in our study lounges
• Work out together in the mini fitness center. In addition, full-service fitness amenities are available at the Bakar center just two blocks away*
• Find your inner peace relaxing in the courtyards and sun decks
• Many restaurants and bars close by in the Dogpatch, Potrero Hill, and Mission Bay neighborhoods
*UCSF students have a Fitness & Recreation membership included in registration fees, others may have enrollment and membership fees.
Getting Around the Neighborhood
• UCSF Grey Shuttle to Parnassus is about 3 blocks away
• Zipcar car share within 1 block at 654 Minnesota St.
• Ford GoBikes within 1 block at Esprit Park
• T-3rd Muni train within 2 blocks
• Mainstay Market within .5 miles (11-min walk)
Parking at The Tidelands
Tidelands tenants are able to purchase parking permits at Mission Bay through Transportation Services. More info here.
Guests of Tidelands tenants can purchase overnight parking using the PayByPhone app. Once the app has been downloaded and the guest has set up an account on PaybyPhone, they can simply enter Location #2283 to access the guest rate. The $20.00 guest rate is valid from 5pm-9am M-F and all day on weekends and holidays. Questions? Call 415-476-1511.
Tidelands Floor Plans
Floor plans are provided for informational purposes only.
Search Tidelands Floor Plans
Or, view pictures of all floor plans at the bottom of this page.