New Housing in the Dogpatch Neighborhood: Welcome to The Tidelands
Conveniently located on Minnesota Street, just one block south from the Mission Bay Hospital, The Tidelands is UCSF’s newest housing community. A great choice for those seeking privacy in an efficiency/studio/1-bedroom or looking for a private bedroom to share with one other UCSF student, post-doc, clinical fellow, or medical resident. The Tidelands is the ideal location for singles and couples who embrace city living and plan to use the various public transportation options located nearby. Apply Now for Housing.
The Tidelands Amenities:
• Furnished units with a bed frame and mattress, desk and task chair, and a dinette for two. Studios also include a loveseat/couch and coffee table. 1-Bedrooms include a separate, furnished living room with a love seat, accent chair, and coffee table.
• Modern induction stovetop, convection microwave oven, and an apartment sized refrigerator. Note: Your unit comes with a set of pans that work on the induction stovetop. If you do not want these pans, please give them to a friend or sell/donate them.
• Conveniently located study rooms located on each floor
• Two pay-by-use laundry rooms are available in each building
• 24/7 emergency maintenance response
• Indoor bike room for bike storage (limited space available)
• Automatic ERV fresh air fan. This fan helps keep air circulating by bringing in fresh filtered air (warm and cool) and pulling out any undesirable odors. Note: The fan can be loud so please close the bathroom door for a quieter experience.
• Modern feel with industrial and concrete finishes.
The Tidelands Activities:
• Meet your neighbors in the lobbies, game room, and TV lounges
• Gather in the community and multipurpose rooms for larger social events
• Form study groups in our study lounges
• Work out together in the mini fitness center. In addition, full-service fitness amenities are available at the Bakar center just two blocks away*
• Find your inner peace relaxing in the courtyards and sun decks
• Rehearse for your next gig in the music practice room
*UCSF students have a Fitness & Recreation membership included in registration fees, others may have enrollment and membership fees.
Parking at The Tidelands
Tenants of The Tidelands are not eligible for UCSF parking permits nor city parking permits due to the limited amount of parking in the area. Tenants will have access to nearby public transportation, UCSF shuttles, and car/bike share. With the number of cars in Mission Bay/Dogpatch growing by the day, we believe it will benefit our tenants not to have a car. Read about all the ways to get around the city without a car here.
See the floor plans of The Tidelands in the gallery section at the bottom of this page. If you’d like to review every rendering and floor plan in one place, you can view this PDF. Please visit Floor Plans and Virtual Tours for more detailed floor plans of the Tidelands complex.
Frequently Asked Questions about The Tidelands
Q: Can I bring my own furniture? If not, do you have storage?
A: We provide furniture at The Tidelands, so you will not need to bring your own. We do not have any storage space available for tenants. Here is a full list of what each unit comes with and what you should bring.
Q: What is included in the rent at The Tidelands? What utilities are included?
A: Access to all building amenities as well as water and garbage/recycling. Tenants living in efficiencies/studios/1-Bedrooms must contract with PG&E to pay for electricity. Tenants in shared 2-bedrooms have PG&E electricity included in their rent. There is no gas in the buildings. Tidelands will not have cable services so tenants will have to bring antennas or use their WiFi to access television channels.
Q: Is there WiFi?
A: Yes, UCSF WiFi will be present in the buildings. There are also UCSF Ethernet ports available.
Q: What are the amenities available at The Tidelands?
A: See this amenities chart to view all of the amenities available at The Tidelands and at our other communities.
Q: Is there a shuttle that will take me to other campuses?
A: The green shuttle will take you to the Mission Bay campus, which has shuttles that connect you to all other UCSF campuses. The green shuttle stop is less than one block away from The Tidelands. It also services China Basin/ Cal-Train. You may also walk three blocks to access all of Mission Bay’s shuttles: Grey, Red, Yellow, Gold, and Blue routes.
Q: Will there be parking? How can I get a permit?
A: Tenants of The Tidelands are not eligible for UCSF parking permits nor city parking permits due to the limited amount of parking in the area. Tenants will have access to nearby public transportation, UCSF shuttles, and nearby car/ bike share.
Q: Can I use the amenities at The Tidelands if I am not living there?
A: Unfortunately, no. We are only able to give access to the amenities at The Tidelands for Tidelands tenants.