New Housing in the Dogpatch Neighborhood: Welcome to The Tidelands
Conveniently located on Minnesota Street, just one block south from the Mission Bay Hospital, The Tidelands is UCSF’s newest housing community. A great choice for those seeking privacy in an efficiency/studio/1-bedroom or looking for a private bedroom to share with one other UCSF student, post-doc, clinical fellow, or medical resident. The Tidelands is the ideal location for singles and couples who embrace city living and plan to use the various public transportation options located nearby.
The Tidelands Amenities:
• Furnished units with a bed frame and mattress, desk and task chair, and a dinette for two. Studios also include a loveseat/couch. 1-Bedrooms include a separate, furnished living room with a love seat, accent chair, and coffee table.
• Modern induction stovetop, convection microwave oven, and an apartment sized refrigerator. Note: You will need to bring pots and pans that are compatible with induction cooktops.
• Conveniently located study rooms located on each floor
• Two pay-by-use laundry rooms are available in each building
• 24/7 emergency maintenance response
• Indoor bike room for bike storage
• Automatic ERV fresh air fan. This fan helps keep air circulating by bringing in fresh filtered air (warm and cool) and pulling out any undesirable odors. Note: The fan can be loud so please close the bathroom door for a quieter experience.
• Modern feel with industrial and concrete finishes.
The Tidelands Activities:
• Meet your neighbors in the lobbies, game room, and TV lounges
• Gather in the community and multipurpose rooms for larger social events (Community rooms closed due to COVID-19)
• Form study groups in our study lounges
• Work out together in the mini fitness center. In addition, full-service fitness amenities are available at the Bakar center just two blocks away* (Fitness Centers closed due to COVID-19)
• Find your inner peace relaxing in the courtyards and sun decks
• Many restaurants and bars close by in the Dogpatch, Potrero Hill, and Mission Bay neighborhoods
*UCSF students have a Fitness & Recreation membership included in registration fees, others may have enrollment and membership fees.
Located at the intersection of San Francisco’s Dogpatch neighborhood and UCSF’s growing Mission Bay campus, The Tidelands residences look toward a humane, sustainable future. Two twins intersected by the 18th Street overpass, the buildings are shaped and oriented in response to their surrounding environment. Large operable windows fill the interiors with daylight and fresh air, while sculptural billows and vertical shades carefully tuned to the sun provide shading and minimize energy use. The building’s apartments are enveloped in industrial details, with a mix of concrete ceilings and walls that create the quiet atmosphere our UCSF affiliates crave. Scroll through photos (below) of a few Tidelands neighboring apartments for design inspiration.
Getting Around the Neighborhood
• UCSF Green shuttle stop within 1 block at 654 Minnesota St.
• Zipcar car share within 1 block at 654 Minnesota St.
• Ford GoBikes within 1 block at Esprit Park
• T-3rd Muni train within 2 blocks
• Mainstay Market within .5 miles (11-min walk)
Parking at The Tidelands
Tenants of The Tidelands are not eligible for UCSF parking permits nor city parking permits due to the limited amount of parking in the area. Tenants will have access to nearby public transportation, UCSF shuttles, and car/bike share. With the number of cars in Mission Bay/Dogpatch growing by the day, we believe it will benefit our tenants not to have a car. Read about all the ways to get around the city without a car here.
Tidelands Floor Plans
Floor plans are provided for informational purposes only.
Search Tidelands Floor Plans
Or, view pictures of all floor plans at the bottom of this page.