To promote inclusion and recognize all the various ways to prioritize physical health and get active, we are renaming UC Walks to UC Moves! UC Moves is an annual UC-wide wellbeing initiative that promotes wellness and an active lifestyle in the UC Community. The event encourages the UCSF community to incorporate physical activity into their daily routine and reach the recommended 150 minutes of physical activity a week.
It’s no secret this past year has added extra challenges to getting active and prioritizing movement and physical activity. Whether you’ve been looking for that extra motivation to start getting active again or your already actively on the move, we’re dedicating this one-week journey for us to all prioritize getting our movement minutes in.
Let’s Get Moving!
During the week of May 24 through May 31 your goal is to just get moving! Aim to complete at least 150 minutes of any physical activity of your choosing. 150 minutes seem a bit daunting? Break it down into small chunks – that’s only 22 minutes each day! Or you can do 30 minutes each day for 5 days.
If you get to the end of the week and didn’t reach 150 minutes, that’s okay. Progress is progress and all the minutes count toward a healthier you. You will still be eligible for the gift card drawing.
• All participants (even if you didn’t reach 150 minutes of physical activity!) will be entered in a drawing for a $20 gift card. Multiple gift card prizes available!
• All participants who complete at least 150 minutes of physical activity will be entered in a drawing to win a FitBit!
How to Participate:
1) Aim to complete at least 150 minutes of physical activity during May 24 – May 31, 2021. Feel free to download our quick and easy UC Moves Minutes Tracker to keep track of your progress during the week.
2) Take a photo of you engaging in the physical activity(s) of your choice (i.e. walking, biking, doing a workout video, or anything else that floats your fitness boat!).
3) Fill out the Participant Form below to report your total physical activity minutes and upload your photo (JPG, PNG, GIF formats accepted) by Wednesday, June 2, 2021.
If you participated and didn’t reach 150 minutes, that’s okay! Fill out the Participant Form to be entered in the drawing for gift card prizes.
UC Moves 2021 Participant Form - Link Opens 5/24
Sign up for your UC Moves Motivation Reminders Throughout the Week!
Join our Wellness and Community Opt-In channel on the UCSF Mobile App to receive daily reminders and tips during the week about getting and staying active.
Need Some Inspiration?
Check out all the different ways our fellow UCSF community got their physical activity minutes last year. Perhaps you’ll even find a new activity you’d like to try.
Disclaimer: If you choose to participate in the UC Moves 2021 Virtual Event, you do so at your own risk and acknowledge that any physical activity and exercise carry an inherent risk of physical injury - particularly if you have a history of health problems or any previous injuries. By participating, you hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue The Regents of the University of California, its officers, employees and agents from liability from any and all claims including the negligence of The Regents of the University of California, its officers, employees and agents, resulting in personal injury, accidents or illness (including death) and property loss arising from, but not limited to, participation in activities and its affiliates disclaim any and all liability in connection with the physical activity and exercise.