UCSF Transit Operations Update: COVID-19
Your safety is our top priority.
At UCSF Transportation Services, we are closely monitoring news of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. In these challenging times, we are committed to providing clean and safe shuttle services to the UCSF community.
On Friday, March 6, the San Francisco Department of Public Health issued new recommendations aimed at reducing the spread of COVID-19 that included information specific to transit providers.
Your safety is our top priority, and we are taking actions that exceed the guidelines set forth by the health department.
Recently, we stepped up daily cleaning of our shuttles that includes wiping down and disinfecting all high-touch surface areas. In addition, we thoroughly clean all shuttles, both interior and exterior, on a weekly basis. Our shuttles are clean and safe for everyone to ride. We also advise passengers to stay informed and know what steps you can take to protect yourself.
UCSF Resources and Updates
Updated information for the UCSF community is available on UCSF’s coronavirus website. Please visit the website for the latest news, answers to frequently asked questions, and policies and guidance for travel, visitors, and events.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses.
• Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol if soap and water are not available.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home and do not travel or go to work or school when you are sick.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash. Then wash your hands with soap and water.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.