Campus Life Services offers a variety of training courses designed to enhance knowledge, skills, and core competencies that employees need to be successful in Campus Life Services at UCSF.
CLS New Employee Orientation (NEO)
Overview of CLS’s & UCSF’s missions; safety and quality service; and PRIDE values. New employees receive invitations via email to CLS NEO. New employees are also invited to complete the orientation online by watching the CLS NEO power point presentation (download the file in order to view & play audio) and submitting answers to some questions.
After your initial completion of the below required courses upon entry to UCSF, CLS employees enter a Quarterly cycle of trainings according to the following schedule:
• Q1 (Jan. - Mar.): UC Cyber Security Awareness Fundamentals (taken annually or as updated)
• Q2 (Apr. - Jun.): UC Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment Prevention Training (taken every 2 years or as updated)
• Q3 (Jul. - Sep.): General Compliance Briefing: University of California Ethical Values and Conduct (taken every 2 years or as updated)
• Q4 (Oct. - Dec.): HIPAA 101 - Privacy and Security for New UCSF Faculty, Staff, Trainees, Students and Volunteers (required one time/for all new hires, and if there is a course update)
• Q4 (Oct. - Dec.): COVID-19 and Working Onsite at UCSF (required one time/for all new hires, and if there is a course update)
Direct links to the trainings on UC Learning Center (MyAccess login required) are below. Click “Start” to launch.
5. HIPAA 101 - Privacy and Security for New UCSF Faculty, Staff, Trainees, Students and Volunteers
6. Department-required courses (check with supervisor)
*****Not sure if you/your staff have taken these trainings?*****
Staff— Access the Campus Dashboard and click “My activities” – or – UC Learning Center, click on “Self” icon, then “Reporting” and “Training Transcript” to see the list of your completed courses.
Managers/Supervisors— View the Campus Dashboard Quick Guide to learn how to easily run a report. Also available: UC Learning Center, click on “My Team” icon, then “Manager Dashboard” to view an employee’s learning record (one at a time).
(Both require MyAccess login.)
UC Learning Center
The UC Learning Center is a resource dedicated to improving performance for employees at all levels throughout the University. Registration for instructor-led courses and eCourses can be accessed online.
For training and resources, visit the CLS Performance Evaluation Resources page and by searching for “UCSF Campus Performance Evaluation Toolkit (Campus)” on UCSF PeopleConnect (MyAccess required).
Zoom virtual meeting platform
UCSF Zoom is a simple, all-in-one solution that lets you meet across desktops, mobile devices, and conference rooms. Looking for training on how to use Zoom? Register for live training, watch a video tutorial on how to get started (produced by Facilities Services) or refer to other training resources.
A DocuSign training for CLS staff was provided by our IT colleague, Jill Cozen-Harel, in July 2018. View the slide deck and watch the recorded session.
A LinkedIn tutorial was provided by our IT colleague, Erik Wieland, during CLS People Month, April 2018. Watch the recorded session “Building Your Network with LinkedIn”.