Job Search & Career Building Resources
Within Campus Life Services, financial conditions due to COVID-19 have resulted in some staff reductions, including layoffs and reductions in time – both temporary and permanent. To help impacted CLS staff find job opportunities, this web page has been created. The site includes listings of both temporary and permanent positions as well as other resources to help job seekers. If you need assistance using the services identified on this web page, contact information is provided at the bottom.
• August 6: Resume & Cover Letter Writing Virtual Workshop with Campus Talent Acquisition
Noon-2pm via Zoom
Zoom details to be posted soon
• August 10: Building Your Professional Network with LinkedIn presented by Campus IT
Noon-1pm via Zoom (Zoom details soon)
• Week of August 17: Job Search Tools
Stay tuned for details
UCSF Job Opportunities
UCSF PD is looking for six Security Officers. Security Officers protect University property, maintain order, monitor entrances/access, and provide customer service to visitors, among other duties. Background check is required. Job is posted on Brass Ring (53842BR)
• Campus Redeployment Pool – Various assignments such as Administrative Support, Clinical Research Coordinators, Help Desk personnel, Training Facilitator, etc. in multiple locations and appointment lengths. Access these opportunities via the COVID Workforce Platform.
Resume & Cover Letter Review and Mock Interviews
My UC Career Portal
One-stop portal offers self-guided modules to related to career advancement, including job searches. UC email address required to create a My UC Career account.
• Job Search: View all UC opportunities by job type, location, or career level and create multiple alerts for new postings that are most interesting.
• Resume: Build a new resume or revise an existing resume using the step by step online resume workshop, or view resume building guides and samples.
• Tell Your Story: Create a pitch statement, cover letter to tell what you have to offer and how you can help the organization succeed.
• Pre and Post Interview: Practice interview skills, review interview guides, create a post-interview thank you note, and review the offer negotiation guide and decision-making tools.
UC Alumni Career Network
Provides UC alumni and community members with the insights, information, and connections to launch, grow and expand your career opportunities. Visit UC Alumni Career Network.
• August 16: Acing the Interview Webinar, Noon-1pm PDT, Registration is required.
UC Learning Center
Offers a variety of training from the Skillsoft Library, including modules on writing, Microsoft Office, presentations and more. Visit UC Learning Center (MyAccess required).
CA EDD: Toolbox for Job Seeker*
The Toolbox for Job Seekers provides tools and resources for California’s job seekers to assist in their job search, career exploration, and training needs. Visit CA EDD. (*Available in Spanish)