2020 Performance Evaluations
By Elicia Rozic on December 17, 2020
Reminder: Employee performance is being evaluated for the period of January 1, 2020 - December 31, 2020.
“How will my 2020 Staff Performance Evaluation (PE) be done this year?”
• Represented staff will follow same PE process as in the past using the UCSF Staff Performance Evaluation portal
• Policy Covered (Non-Represented, PPSM, etc.) staff will receive an email with details about the PE process to follow
Critical Due Dates:
• February 15, 2021: (Optional) Employee Self-Assessments are due*
• March 8, 2021: Employee & supervisor meetings must be completed and PE must be signed off by both parties
• March 15, 2021: Deadline for submission of all PEs to Human Resources by Unit/Division Managers
*While employees are completing optional Self-Assessments (the initial step), supervisors may start drafting PEs for their employees; sample forms for both are provided below.
• Step-by-Step Guide to the Performance Evaluation Portal for Employees and Supervisors
• Performance Rating Matrix
• Additional resources can be found via the “UCSF Campus Performance Evaluation Toolkit (Campus)” on PeopleConnect (keyword search: campus performance evaluation).
Additional resources for Employees:
• Optional Employee Self-Assessment and Development Plan form (sample)
Additional resources for Supervisors/Managers:
• Performance Evaluation form for Employees (sample): MAC users / PC users
• Supervisor Guidelines for Staff Employee Performance Evaluation
• Performance Evaluation Portal Training for Supervisors/Managers - Video
Accessing the PE electronic system
Access the portal via the link in the invitation sent to your UCSF email address, by visiting https://staffevals.ucsf.edu, or via the “Staff Performance Evaluation” quick link in MyAccess. MyAccess login is required.
If you have any specific questions about the PE system and/or the process itself, please contact your unit/division manager directly. If you have any specific questions about your performance expectations for the coming evaluation period, please contact your supervisor directly.
You are also welcome to contact your CLS PE Champions: