The best of both worlds in the Inner Sunset
Located on 3rd and 5th Avenues, these spacious houses are just steps away from both the Parnassus campus and the vibrant Inner Sunset neighborhood. A great choice for those seeking a single or shared room in a group house or apartment with other UCSF students and postdocs, this program is best suited for those without a car, as parking in the neighborhood is scarce.
Features of Student Avenue Houses:
• Houses are furnished and carpeted (furnished with Twin or XL Twin beds)
• Housing Services office and 24/7 emergency maintenance response
• Coin-operated laundry machines are available in each house
• Spacious kitchens with dishwashers, garbage disposals, ovens/ranges and refrigerators
• Water, gas, electric and garbage/recycling are included
• Nearby shuttles connect to other UCSF locations
• Walking distance to Kalmanovitz Library, Millberry Fitness & Recreation Center*, UCSF Medical Center, and public transportation
• Close to shopping, restaurants, Golden Gate Park and Haight/Ashbury nightlife
*UCSF students have a Fitness & Recreation membership included in registration fees, others may have enrollment and membership fees.
Please note: These houses are non-faculty. Faculty homes are available on 5th Avenue.
No smoking and no pets allowed at any of our sites.
Living at the Avenues
Each house contains fully furnished common areas consisting of a living room, kitchen, dining room, and bathrooms. In addition, each bedroom is furnished with an extra long twin captain bed, bookshelf, chest, desk, and desk chair. Furniture styles and sizes vary from one house to another. All rooms are rented “as is” and no additional furniture is allowed in the living room or dining room. If you chose to bring your own bed, you will need to find off-campus public storage for the bed we provided. Storage of personal items, with exception of laundry products or bicycles, are not allowed in basements or garages.
Avenues Parking Information
Parking is extremely limited. There are no university permits issued for street parking, but tenants may apply for city permits. Tenants who live in Avenue Houses may participate in a seniority-based lottery for a limited number of garage spaces on 3rd and 5th Avenues.
145 Irving Street Apartments
145 Irving Street is a building comprised of eighteen 2-Bedroom shared apartments. These units are rented to two separate tenants, and each is assigned his/her own bedroom. Both tenants must be eligible UCSF students or post-docs. One person may not rent the entire 2-bedroom apartment. These units are unfurnished but include a refrigerator, an oven/range, and a dishwasher. Amenities include internet/wifi, electric & gas utilities. These units are best suited for those without a car. Per standing agreements between the University and the City of San Francisco, tenants at 145 Irving may not obtain a university permit, a garage space, or city permits for street parking. You may search for unrestricted, all day off-street parking in the neighborhood.
145 Irving Parking Information
Per standing agreements between the University and the City of San Francisco, Tenants at 145 Irving may not have a university permit, a garage space, or city permits for street parking.
Getting Around the Neighborhood
• Parnassus Library shuttle stop within 1-3 blocks
• Bay Wheels bike share within .3 miles (6-min walk)
• N-Judah Muni line within 1 block
• Andronico’s Market within .6 miles (12-min walk)
Avenue Housing Floor Plans
Floor plans are provided for informational purposes only. They are only approximations and actual apartments may vary.
Search Avenue Housing Floor Plans