Aldea San Miguel
Aldea San Miguel is a family-friendly community surrounded by a forest on Mt. Sutro, one mile uphill from the Parnassus campus.
Aldea San Miguel offers a quiet escape from city life and is best for those who study or work at the Parnassus campus and for those who have a car.
Aldea 1-Bedroom and 2-Bedroom Units
Built in 1999, this part of the complex is comprised of 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom units, and best suited for couples or families. Eligibility is open to UCSF students, resident interns, clinical fellows, and postdocs, based on availability.
1-Bedroom apartments are for couples (2 adults only, an infant child under the age of 5 is permissible in some properties).
2-Bedroom apartments are for families with children (proof of dependency is required for priority assignment consideration, maximum occupancy is 2 adults + 2 children OR 3 adults + 1 child).
Aldea Junior 1-Bedroom Apartments – Single Occupancy Units
Aldea San Miguel is also the site of 42 Junior 1-Bedroom apartments. These single-occupancy units feature granite counters, dishwashers, gas ranges, private balconies or terraces, reserved parking, 120 cubic feet of extra storage space, and gas heating (gas utility included). Top floor apartments have vaulted ceilings and bathroom skylight. Eligibility is open to UCSF students, postdocs, residents and clinical fellows. Junior 1-Bedroom apartments are for single occupancy only (no partners, no children).
• One parking spot per apartment (with an option to purchase a second permit)
• Nearby Housing Services office and 24/7 emergency maintenance response
• Spacious common laundry rooms and assigned storage lockers
• Dishwashers, garbage disposals, ovens/ranges, and refrigerators
• All apartments are unfurnished but include carpeting and window coverings
• Free shuttles connecting to all other UCSF locations*
• Within close driving distance to local supermarkets and shopping districts
• Landscaped grounds, hiking trails, and children’s playground
• Free access to the Aldea Center Community Center
Tenants provide their own phone, television and internet services.
No smoking and no pets allowed.
Click here to download a map of the Aldea Housing complex which includes parking spaces, shuttles stops, locations of trash, recycling and compost receptacles.
Getting Around the Neighborhood
• 2 UCSF Shuttle stops on site
• 36-Muni bus line within .4 miles (10-min walk)
• 3 Grocery stores within a 10-min drive
Getting Around After Work Hours
Access to the Mission Bay campus is 30 minutes by car and can take up to an hour via two, connecting UCSF shuttle lines. Access to Parnassus is a 15-minute walk down Medical Center Way. There are no shuttle services or public buses servicing Aldea San Miguel on nights and weekends. Because of the steep terrain and dark streets at night, walking or bicycle transportation is often inconvenient.
Aldea San Miguel Parking Information
Parking is available on surface lots near the apartments. Each apartment comes with one reserved parking space at no extra fee. Unless the rental property is a junior one-bedroom, tenants may purchase a permit for a second vehicle, based on availability, at the Parnassus Housing Office. Guests may park in a designated guest parking space for up to four hours and must hang the guest parking permit on their rearview mirror.
Aldea Floor Plans
Aldea floor plans are only approximations and actual apartments may vary.
Search Aldea San Miguel Floor Plans