Squash & Racquetball
Members can book squash and racquetball courts in advance. Drop-in play is also available throughout the day.
How to book a court
• All members can book online, over the phone, or in-person
• Bookings can be made starting at 10:00 am, 3 days in advance
• Only one booking is allowed per day
• You will be sent a reminder e-mail 24 hours before your booking
• Reservations must be canceled at least 2 hours prior to the booking start time
• Check in at the front desk up to 30 minutes before or 30 minutes after the booking start time
• If check-in does not take place within this time-frame, the booking will be recorded as a no-show
• 2 no-shows accrued in a single month results in a one-month booking suspension
UCSF Box League
What is the UCSF Box League (UBL) and how does it work?
The UBL is a monthly squash league for Bakar Fitness & Recreation Center at UCSF Mission Bay members only. All levels of players from beginner to advanced can participate in the league. Players are grouped into boxes of 4 or 5 players based on playing ability based on the previous month’s ranking. Everyone plays round-robin matches with all their box-mates, which amounts to playing 3 to 4 matches per month depending on the number of players in your box. At the end of every month, the league is refreshed based on the following rules - top 2 players from each box move to a higher box and bottom 2 move to a lower box while the 3rd position player stays in the same box. This results in everyone playing at least 2 or more different players every month. The matches can be scheduled per the players’ convenience. The box is managed through the US Squash web portal with the scores being entered on www.ussquash.com and hence a free US Squash membership is a requirement.
1. US Squash membership number (if you don’t have one, visit www.ussquash.com and create free account. Note down membership number and send. Add Bakar Fitness and
Recreation Center as your home facility.)
2. Agreement in the form of “yes” that you will be added to the Google Groups e-mail list to receive weekly updates. There is no form, just a “yes” via e-mail is sufficient. This is a requirement to participate.
3. Playing ability (beginner / intermediate / advanced) - Required to place you in the appropriate box. If you already play at Bakar Fitness Center, you can let us know the names of your playing partners and how you play compared to them for us to assess which box to put you in. The more information you can provide about your playing history and playing style, the greater the likelihood that you will be placed in the right box.
UCSF Squash Club (NorCal Squash League)
- Reserations made before the 72 hour open window will be made under the UCSF member’s name
- If more than 3 courts need to be booked in advanced, the UCSF member must provide the name of another UCSF member to reserve the court
- If a member has 3 or more court reservations already booked, they will not be able to reserve any other future bookings
- Members under the court reservation will be held accountable for checking in to their court reservations, the same no-show policy will apply
- Only 1 court can be reserved for up to 3 reservations per day ahead of the 72 hr window
- Names of guests must be provided at least 24 hours in advanced
- Guests will have access to the squash courts ONLY