Get outside safely and see the San Francisco Bay from a whole new perspective. UCSF Fitness and Recreation is excited to offer rejuvenating paddling, kayaking and hiking experiences to UCSF students at no charge, and to members, UCSF employees and families, and the general public at a discounted rate.
Our boathouse, located in the Mission Creek Park, is a short walk from the Bakar Fitness & Recreation Center at Mission Bay. All skill levels are welcome, as we provide equipment, instructions, and on-water safety guides. Minimum age requirement: 10 years for kayaking, 16 years for stand up paddling.
Join us for an adventure, outside.
As part of the UCSF Fitness and Recreation Outdoor Programs, we long for breathtaking adventures and sometimes adrenaline producing endeavors. However, safety is always our priority. Below are the safety measures we’re taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
• All equipment is cleaned, sanitized, and not used for 72 hours between uses
• Staff and participants are required to pass the UCSF daily health screening process
• Staff and participants are required to wear masks at all times
• Physical distancing of six feet will be maintained while on land, launching and docking, and while on the water
• Two-person kayaks are limited to people from the same household