Monthly Trip Calendar:
View our April trip calendar >>
How to Sign up For a Trip RentalRentals are only open to UCSF faculty and staff at this time. We apologize that guests (non-UCSF affiliates) are not allowed due to COVID-19 restrictions.
• Fitness Center Member Sign Up (UCSF faculty and staff only) Instructions >>
• Non-Member Sign Up (UCSF faculty and staff only) Instructions >>
• Mission Creek Morning Kayak Trip
Start your day with a relaxing paddle in the protected waterway that is Mission Creek. Our easy to use sit on top kayaks are perfect for a first time kayak experience and our guides will give you the instruction and assistance to make it a no-worries morning. Check out the last remaining houseboat community in San Francisco, look for Herons hunting in the shallows and Paddle to famous McCovey Cove to take in panoramic views of San Francisco Bay, the Bay Bridge, and Treasure Island. Perfect for beginners and families. This trip is two hours and does not go beyond McCovey Cove. No experience necessary.
• Mission Creek Moonrise Kayak Trip
Paddle to famous McCovey Cove and take in panoramic views of San Francisco Bay, the Bay Bridge, and Treasure Island as the sun sets to the West while the moon rises over the East Bay. What a gorgeous way to end your day! This trip is two hours.
• Mission Creek Sunset Kayak Trip
Paddle to famous McCovey Cove and take in panoramic views of San Francisco Bay, the Bay Bridge, and Treasure Island. This two hour trip is perfect for beginners and families. No experience necessary.
• Mission Creek and Beyond
Ready for an adventure? Get out and use those gym muscles as we paddle from our Mission Creek boathouse and under the Bay Bridge! Distance and destination vary with conditions and wind. Bring a snack and drink to refuel for this two hour trip on the water.
• Mission Creek to Crane Cove Kayak Trip
Paddle to the newly created waterfront park, Crane Cove! The tides are just right for this four hour, four mile trip on the water. Bring a lunch or snack and relax on the beach before riding the outgoing tide back to Mission Creek.
Stand Up Paddling (SUP) Trips
SUP is fun, easy, and right in our backyard at Mission Creek. Our staff teaches you the basics and guides you on the creek’s calm water which makes for a stable ride on the paddle board. It’s an ideal place for beginners. Boards, paddles, and life jackets are all included. No experience needed.
Looking for the perfect way to take a break and get some fresh air? Kayak or Stand Up Paddle at your own pace with our new Mid-Week Rentals. These rentals are available Wednesday-Friday from 3:00-6:00 pm and can be reserved in 1-3 hour time blocks. Come on your own or bring a UCSF co-worker!
• Mid-Week Rentals - March Special UCSF employees get half off rentals Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays in March! Get out on the water for just $10/hour.
Mid-Week Rentals: $20/hour
• UCSF Fitness and Recreation Member - $35 (regular price $65, discount already applied at checkout)
• Non-member: $40 (regular price $65, discount already applied at checkout)
About Signing Up Online
Cancellations and No-Shows
• No-Shows: No credits or refunds will be issued.