Code of Conduct
The UCSF Fitness & Recreation Center (Center) is committed to providing a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience. A Code of Conduct for members and guests has been established to ensure that your experience is consistent with our commitment.
Center staff have the authority to implement and update policies that support providing a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for members of the UCSF community. At its sole discretion, the Center determines if conduct violates its Code of Conduct. In general, under the Code of Conduct, inappropriate behavior includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Unsafe behavior; physical assault, violent, threatening, aggressive, harassing and/or intimidating behavior
- All forms of abusive or demeaning communication, including foul, offensive or obscene language or gestures to the extent permissible by law
- Photography or videography in the center without prior Center and University approval
- Non-adherence to the rules and policies set by the Center and the University in its facilities and programs at: fitness.ucsf.edu
- Certain threats or acts of violence may violate the law and could result in criminal prosecution
- Members and guests are expected to respond to inquiries about their behavior, accept responsibility for their actions and comply with any requests to adjust behaviors that do not meet Center guidelines.
Failure to follow the Code of Conduct may result in loss of membership and/or facility access. Nothing in the Center’s Code of Conduct is meant to usurp or replace any existing UC Policy that applies to actions taken on UC property and/or by members of the UC community.