Aquatics classes are cancelled until further notice due to the COVID-19 closure. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Lifeguard Training Course
The Lifeguarding class provides entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatics emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over.
• Minimum Age: 15 years
• Swim 300 yards continuously
• Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
• Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds:
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards
- Surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps