COVID-19 Vaccine & Booster at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals
Published on May 27, 2022
Updated: June 23, 2022
All children 6 months and older can receive the COVID-19 vaccine and, if applicable, the booster at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals. A child does not need to be an existing UCSF patient.
Please note the following:
• Children ages 6 months and up should get the COVID-19 vaccine.
• Children ages 5 and up should get a booster shot five months after their second vaccine dose.
• Children ages 12 and up who are immunocompromised should get a second booster shot four months after their first booster.
• All children through age 17 must be accompanied by a parent or other adult caregiver at their vaccination or booster appointment.
• Each child and their parent or caregiver will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms. If either of them has symptoms, the appointment must be rescheduled.
Please visit the UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals website for vaccination clinic locations and hours, appointment instructions and other details.