Scope: To clean and refresh the waiting room space which is worn and dated
Submission: James Bennan
Impact: Patients, staff, visitors
1. Revitalize Parnassus Heights landscape on both sides of the street
a. Milberry Union Garage entrance
b. Area between ACC and Milberry Union
c. Area in front of the ACC building
d. Area in front of the hospital, including planters and bushes
2. Remove old plants and replace with drought tolerant species of flowers and plants that will grow in the Mediterranean climate of San Francisco
3. Infuse colorful perennials in and around the landscape
4. Remove nutrient-lacking soil and replace
5. Install irrigation systems
August Project Update
In beautifying some of the Parnassus Landscape, we have produced landscape designs to look at and select. Plant selections have been reviewed by the team as well as the weather climate at Parnassus can be particularly tricky. The plants that were selected will be able to handle the Mediterranean climate of Parnassus Heights cold windy summer conditions and shady areas. Plants have been ordered and we already received half of the first order. We have a team of contractors on the project and the team ready. Demolition is starting at the end of August.
September Project Update
All planting has been completed and irrigation work is now starting.