Routes & Timetables
Shuttle Routes & Timetables
Wherever you’re going on campus, we can help get you there:
Shuttles operate according to scheduled timetables. Our drivers work to maintain an on-time record, where weather and traffic conditions allow. However, passenger safety is our first priority and will not be jeopardized in order to maintain the schedule. Download the UCSF shuttle route map.
If you already know which shuttle you want to catch, visit UCSF NextBus to view estimated arrival and departures times from your campus location.
Award Winning Shuttle System
Our award-winning shuttle system serves all primary UCSF campuses, as well as select secondary campus locations. Service is FREE to UC San Francisco faculty, staff, students, patients and patient family members, and formal guests.
Should you have additional questions, or want to provide specific feedback, feel free to contact us.
For up-to-the-minute alerts, including travel delays and holiday schedules, please follow us on Twitter (@UCSF_Shuttles).
Monday, February 20th – President’s Day
On these holidays the shuttle service will be limited to the following:
- Parnassus, East/Westbound (5:00pm – 12:45am)
- Mission Bay Local (5:00pm – 12:45am)
For a list of future Holiday dates and timetables, please click here.
UCSF Shuttle: General rules, regulations and passenger guidelines
- NO unnecessary conversations with Driver
- Shuttle buses are not permitted to stop at any location not identified in this timetable
- UCSF Shuttle ridership is restricted for use by campus faculty, staff, students, patients and patient family members, and formal guest
- No minors (less than 18 years old) may ride without a parent or chaperone
- You maybe required to show the driver appropriate identification in order to board the shuttle
- Drivers follow the printed timetables, as allowed by weather and enroute traffic conditions
- Drivers are not permitted to make unauthorized stops (only at approved UCSF Shuttle stops)
- Passenger safety will not be jeopardized to maintain the timetable
- No eating, drinking or smoking is permitted in any shuttle vehicle
- No animals may ride, except for service animals
- Patrons wishing to board any UCSF shuttles are required to show their UCSF ID badge prior to boarding the shuttle. UCSF shuttle ridership is restricted to campus faculty, staff, students, patients and patient family members and formal university guests.
Eating, drinking, smoking, and non-service animals are prohibited on shuttle vehicles. As a courtesy to other passengers and to ensure privacy of information, we ask that you be mindful of litter, noise levels, and cell phone conversations.
Click here for shuttle service alerts.
Click on the shuttle name to view a PDF of the shuttle timetable, alpha sort by route color.
Some service routes have changed, effective April 4, 2016. For complete information on service changes, visit the Important Shuttle Changes page.
BLACK: Parnassus > Mount Zion > Laurel Heights Service Monday to Friday from 6:30 AM to 7:45 PM.
BLUE: Parnassus > SFGH > Mission Bay > Mission Bay Hospital > Mount Zion Service Monday to Friday from 4:55 AM to 9:30 PM.
BRONZE: Aldea > ACC > Library > 6th > Dental > LPPI Service Monday to Friday from 6:40 AM to 6:49 PM
GOLD: Parnassus > Mount Zion > Mission Bay > SFGH Service Monday to Friday from 5:25 AM to 9:30 PM.
GREEN: Mission Bay > China Basin > 654 Minnesota > 499 Illinois Service Monday to Friday from 6:00 AM to 7:15 PM. Note: Includes a new stop at the Family House Building. Family House and 499 Illinois stops are now “FLAG STOPS.” Please ask your driver to drop you off at these locations, and if you are waiting for a shuttle, please make sure to “flag or wave” to obtain the driver’s attention.
GREY: Parnassus > Mission Bay Service Monday to Friday from 5:50 AM to 12:05 AM.
LIME: Parnassus > BDC > MCB Service Monday to Friday from 6:05 AM to 8:41 PM.
PINK: Parnassus E/R > Kezar Service Monday to Friday from 5:30 AM to 9:00 AM.
PURPLE: Parnassus (Library) > 3360 Geary > Mount Zion > 3360 Geary Service Monday to Friday from 6:15 AM to 6:38 PM.
RED: Mission Bay > MCB > 16th Bart Service Monday to Friday from 5:55 AM to 7:45 PM.
RED Limited: 16th BART > MCB> Bryant Service Monday to Friday from 6:30 AM to 9:40 AM and 3:40 PM to 6:45 PM.
TAN: Parnassus > Laurel Heights > Mount Zion Service Monday to Friday from 6:40 AM to 7:40 PM.
VA: Parnassus > VAMC Service Monday to Friday from 6:35 AM to 9:05 AM and 4:35 PM to 7:05 PM.
YELLOW: 16th BART > MCB > 20th & Harrison > SFGH > 20th & Harrison Service Monday to Friday from 6:07 AM to 8:30 PM. The 20th and Alabama stop is a FLAG STOP. Please ask your driver to drop you off at these locations, and if you are waiting for a shuttle, please make sure to “flag or wave” to obtain the driver’s attention.
On Demand Service
The two shuttle services below are provided as “on demand” (no fixed timetables) and service wait times are based on actual demand. Our drivers will take you within a ½ mile radius of the Parnassus and Mission Bay campuses.
Eastbound/Westbound/Parnassus Night/Evening Service daily Monday to Friday from 3:45 PM to 1:00 AM.
Mission Bay Local Service Monday to Friday from 4:45 PM to 1:00 AM.
Eastbound/Westbound and Mission Bay Local Night shuttle live map
- On demand night shuttle live location.
Mission Bay Jitney The Mission Bay Jitney will provide on-demand shuttle service within the boundaries of Mission Bay campus, including both northern and southern locations (new Mission Bay hospitals), and now include the Mission Bay Family House and 654 Minnesota locations.