When you ride your bike to UCSF, you’ll always find parking. With sturdy racks or well-lit cages, you’ll find multiple options to easily and securely lock up your bicycle on each campus.
Found a spot, but not sure how to use a crank case bike rack? Watch the tutorial.
For general tips on bicycle routes, safety, service, and more, visit our resources page.
Have more questions? Feel free to contact us.
Bicycle Parking Permits
As an added layer of protection, registration stickers are required for all bicycles parked on campus in or inside UCSF bike rooms and cages. Applying for a permit is FREE and easy—all you need to do is:
- Complete a Bike Permit Application
- Provide a photo ID and your bike’s make, model, color, and serial number
- Pass a bicycle safety quiz
To make sure you look as fresh as you feel, we’ve created the Bike to Work Shower Program.
Bicycle Parking Locations
With several places to park your bicycle on each campus, you’re always guaranteed a safe and convenient spot.
Laurel Heights – 3333 California
- Enter through the California Street entrance and merge left when driveway forks.
Mission Bay – multiple locations available:
- Community Center Garage on Owens Street
- Mission Bay Community Center
- Genentech Hall
- Rock Hall
- 3rd Street Garage
- 1835 Owens Street Garage
Mission Center Building – 1855 Folsom Street
- Racks are located near main entrance. Enter parking lot on 15th between Folsom and Harrision.
Mount Zion – multiple locations available:
- 1635 Divisadero Street
- 1701 Divisadero Street
- 1800 Divisadero Street
- 2325 Post Street
- 2330 Post Street
- 1657 Scott Street
- 2420 Sutter Street
Parnassus – multiple locations available:
- Ambulatory Care Center
- Clinical Science
- Dental Clinics
- Health Sciences East
- Kalmanovitz Library
- Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute
- Millberry Union Parking Garage
- School of Nursing
San Francisco General Hospital – two racks available:
- 22nd Street, just east of Potrero Avenue
- Potrero Avenue, between 22nd and 23rd Streets
Veterans Hospital – 4150 Clement Street
- Rack located between the main hospital and Ambulatory Care Clinics/Diagnostic Services/Pharmacy buildings