Save money and park with ease when you share your commute to UCSF. When you’re a carpool member, you can purchase carpool parking permits on a pre-tax basis and gain access to spaces reserved exclusively for carpoolers.
A single-driver parking permit costs $218 per month. When you carpool, you can reduce your costs by at least 50%:
- 2 carpool members = $109/month (per member)
- 3 carpool members = $72.67/month (per member)
- 4 carpool members = $54.50/month (per member)
Carpools with 6 or more people can form a vanpool and qualify for free parking.
Ready to sign-up? Contact us to enroll or learn more about the program and other rideshare options.
Rules & Regulations
To qualify for our carpool program, the following criteria is required:
- Each carpool needs a minimum of two people to qualify
- Carpool permits can be used when there are two or more occupants in the vehicle at the time the vehicle pulls into the parking stall
- A carpool permit holder is not required to carpool with a particular individual(s) but the permit holder must be present in vehicle with two occupants when pulling into the parking stall
- Reserved stalls are available for carpool permit holders. Carpool permit holders must use these stalls when parking on weekdays
- To be eligible for a carpool permit in the Surge and Woods lots your primary worksite must be the Parnassus campus, you must have a valid UCSF employee ID number, and an “active” UCSF employee status
Carpoolers may establish policies among themselves. To ensure the shared commute works for everyone, agreements should include:
- Designated driver(s)
- Pickup and drop-off times and locations
- Costs (tolls, gas, insurance, etc.)
- Frequency, sick days, vacations
- In-transit rules (music, food, perfume, cell phones, etc.)
Want to know what else you should consider? Find more carpool tips on the Bay Area 511 Rideshare website.
For more information please contact
Administrative Office Manager