SFMTA Transit and Traffic
Published on April 20, 2018
SFMTA Weekend Transit and Traffic Advisory
For Saturday, April 21, 2018
Friday, April 20: A large group of participants is expected to gather at Robin Williams Meadow (formerly Sharon Meadows) and in the Alvord Lake area in the southeast of Golden Gate Park.
San Francisco Police Department will enforce the following street closures beginning at 10 a.m.:
● Haight, Page and Waller streets between Masonic and Stanyan streets
● Stanyan Street between Frederick and Oak streets
● Shrader Street between Beulah and Waller streets
● Various intersections in and around the event area:
◦ Oak and Waller streets at Ashbury, Clayton, Shrader, Cole and Belvedere streets
◦ Frederick Street at Shrader Street
◦ Beulah Street at Shrader and Cole streets
During the time of street closures, no traffic will be allowed with the exception of Muni buses. Personnel from SFPD may enforce additional street closures as crowds grow for public safety.
The following Muni lines and routes will be affected: N Judah; NX N Express; 6 Parnassus; 7 Haight/Noriega; 7R Haight/Noriega Rapid; 33 Ashbury/18th; 37 Corbett; and 43 Masonic.
Extensive delays and heavy pedestrian traffic are expected around the event area. Motorists who normally use Lincoln Way, Fell or Oak streets to travel between the Sunset District and downtown are strongly encouraged to use alternate routes. Heavy traffic and delays are also anticipated for Fulton Street, on both sides of Stanyan Street. Motorists should anticipate that Kezar Drive will be closed from early afternoon until early evening.
SFMTA Transit and Traffic Information available at https://www.sfmta.com/news/alerts and for real-time updates during the week, follow SFMTA on Twitter or to sign up for real-time text messages or email alerts.