Volleyball League Rules
In an effort to create a safe and inclusive environment for all during the winter
2018 leagues season, the following mixed volleyball modification rules will be
• A team consists of six (6) players: a game may be played with as few as five (5) players
• Two (2) players who identify as male and two (2) players who identify as female must be on the court at all times; the remaining player(s) on the court can be of any gender
• The ball may only be contacted by each individual once per sequence
• The ball is cleared when an individual from the opposing team makes contact with the ball
• Substitutions must retain the allowable M:F ratio of players on the court
Recreational Sports provides a fun, fair, and safe environment for everyone who plays. Our rules are based upon the national governing bodies for each sport (such as NCAA, USVA, etc.) There are some university-specific rules, so please read closely.
For additional Recreational Sports league policies, click here.